Editing has been locked on December 31st, 2017. All content and images will keep being available. Thank you for 10 years!
Extinction: Rise of the Mutants
|Extinction: Rise of the Mutants|
|Debut||April 16, 2011|
|Genre||Post-Apocalyptic, Epic, Action, Adventure|
|Latest Issue||Chapter 14|
(violence, blood and gore, language, and disturbing scenes)
I guess I can be the hero.
Extinction: Rise of the Mutants is a post-apocalyptic setting story written by Zero777. The story is about users in the year 2 NI (Nuclear Inception), three years after the radioactivity cleared up and settled down, fighting to survive on a regular basis but find out that it can all be reverted to more peaceful times. It is currently on hiatus with the author rewriting the current chapters.
It is the year 2 NI (Nuclear Inception), three years after a catastrophic nuclear holocaust created an explosion that started off a deadly chain-reaction across the globe, forever changing its face, or did it? The land is now unrecognizable and very unforgiving as it is teaming with zombies! But that's the least of concerns! Mutated creatures also roam the land and cause chaos in their path! The events also gave birth to users that are granted with super abilities, will they use it for good, or will they use it for bad? Nobody is there to keep this system in check! A band of mutants and non-mutants unite in order to protect their existence in the new hostile territory that they now live as it is now an everyday chore. But soon enough they will discover that there is hope to keep on fighting, there world can return back to the way it was! But the journey to obtain this "power" will be perilous and users will lose their lives! Will they be brave and stand up to this call, this call of cause, this call to return things back to the way they were? What sacrifices will be made, or need to be made, in this journey of unsigned dangers?
- mollymoon4/Molly Luna
- Mason/May's Sin
- MCD/Cannon Whack
- Smasher 101/Slight
- FireKirby/Hell Ice
- NSM/New Telekinesis
- QuizmoManiac/Bronto Scorpio
- Scorpion999/Red Lazer
- PyroGuy6/Green Hammer
- Sarai Sei/Lady Seraph
- SpinyMaster347 (dead)
- Princess R
- Flubber (dead)
- Jake the Facepainted Dog
- Bluedevil/Milly Luna
Not Yet Found
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
- Chapter 10
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 12
- Chapter 13
- Chapter 14
- Chapter 15
Cameos and References
- Zero Corps. - The tower makes an appearance in the beginning and is the new base for The Résistance.
- Halo 3: ODST - The Supervisor did something similar to the procedures The Superintendent did in a dangerous situation.
- Fallout (series) - The vaults mentioned in the Prologue and Chapter 1 are references to the series' own vaults.
- Halo 3 - The last dialogue in the Prologue was inspired by a scene in Halo 3.
- Gears of War (series) - The torn up trench coat that Zero wears was inspired by the clothing that the Kantus wear.
- The Wizard of Oz - Zero said a line said by Dorothy.
- Venture of the Wiki - The titles of Chapter 3 & 12 parody the name of the series.
- Plants vs. Zombies - The large zombie in Chapter 4 and the little zombies in Chapter 7 were inspired by the respectful zombies in the game.
- X-Men - The scene in Chapter 5 where Zero launches Neptune is inspired by Sebastian Shaw's mutant ability, specifically in a few scenes from X-Men: First Class.
- Code Geass - The title of the anime was said in Chapter 6. In Chapter 9, the Zero Corps. Tower unleashed a barrage of guns pointing downwards similar to the first season finale of Code Geass. Pollux is named after the character of the same name from the respective video game. The energy shield in Chapter 12 is inspired by the energy shield deployed by the Shinkirō, a knightmare frame. Before being eaten, Flubber muttered out a quote that was said by Ryōga Senba before he died.
- Pinkerton - Zero claims to be a former Pinkerton agent.
- Challenge Accepted - Zero said the title to well known meme in Chapter 6.
- Dragon Ball - When Zero said that Sarai's power level is no longer over nine thousand, in Chapter 6, it is a reference to the meme from the Dragon Ball series.
- The Golden Compass - One of the last quotes in Chapter 6 was inspired by a fight scene in the movie.
- Pimp - The little zombies', called Big Daddies, name are based off a nickname for a pimp.
- Scarface - The big zombies', called Little Friends, name are based of a line from the movie. Molly said a famous line that Scarface is well known for in Chapter 10. In Chapter 13, Zero said a line said by Tony Montana.
- Halo: Reach - The scene where Smasher and Zero look at the Zero Corps. Tower is based off a cut scene from the game.
- Finding Nemo - A scene in Chapter 8 was inspired by the sharkbait ritual scene in the movie.
- Homefront - The vehicle that Hi-Tech pilots is based off the Golitah from the game.
- Yoshi's Island - The scene where Zero placed a flag on top of the Sysop Tower is a reference to the game after Yoshi defeats a boss.
- Halo (series) - Chapter 9's title is named after a type of kill in multiplayer.
- Mastermind Troll - Zero was referred to as "Mastermind" in the beginning of the assault of the Zero Corps. Tower. "The Mastermind" nickname in Chapter 13 is a reference to the infamous troll lord.
- Left 4 Dead (series) - There are some zombies in Chapter 9 referred to as frenzy, explosive, and fat zombies.
- The Legendary Heroes - Sarai stated that Pyro joined the SMW when New Wikisburg was on fire, just like how The Legendary Heroes started out for Pyro.
- Leeroy Jenkins - Zero yelled out the first part of the name in Chapter 9 and in Chapter 10 Neptune shouted out the complete name.
- Macho Man Randy Savage - Zero made a reference to the wrestler by saying his catch phrase in a mid-to-late 1990's commercial of Slim Jim; he also made a crude reference to his death.
- Slim Jim - Zero referenced to the snack in Chapter 9.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (attraction) - A phrase was said in the end of Chapter 9 that is usually said in the beginning of this ride.
- Team Fortress 2 - Zero said a quote by the Soldier in the end of Chapter 9. The scientist in Chapter 10 was a reference to the Medic. Mason acted similar to the spy in the elevator scene in Chapter 10; SM347 also acted like the Soldier in the same scene.
- Painis Cupcake - Zero also said a quote said by this character.
- LMFAO - Zero was thinking to say a phrase from the song "Party Rock Anthem", by that group.
- Mafia - While everyone was in the elevator in Chapter 10, they thought about eliminating each other randomly.
- Super Mario 64 - A slowed down version of the Wing Cap song was the second elevator music in Chapter 10.
- 300 - Zero kicked a Planks off the top floor, resembling the "This is Sparta!" scene from 300; Zero even blurt out a similar quote.
- The Outsiders - Two of the five parties in the story, Socials and Greases, are based off the name of the gangs in this novel.
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - Quizmo blurted out the internet famous quote "IT'S A TRAP", said by Admiral Ackbar.
- Batman (TV series) - The transition music from the show played at the end of Chapter 11 and the title of Chapter 11 is a nod to the repeating sound in the theme song.
- Kirby Air Ride - The Formula Rex is a combination of the name of two air ride machines: Rex Wheelie and Formula Star.
- Trolls' Island - The quote by GalacticPetey in Chapter 12, "GODZILLA IS AWESOME! GODZILLA IS AWESOME!", is completely ripped from a quote GP said in this comic.
- Shrek 2 - The scene where Molly annoys everyone with the popping of the mouth and Neptune ragingly telling her to shut up is inspired by a scene similar to that in the movie.
- Star Fox Command - The scene where the worm jumped forward and when it hurled boulders were inspired by a boss battle in the game.
- James and the Giant Peach - The rotating shark-like teeth and the scene where the teeth all broke off is borrowed from the scene with the mechanical shark.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - The scene where Godzilla GP fell into a giant hole through the ground was slightly inspired by a similar scene in the Subspace Emisarry.
- Super Mario Bros.: Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen! - The title for Chapter 13 is inspired by this anime movie's English translation: The Great Mission to Save Princess Peach!
- Batman: Arkham Asylum - The explosive gel in Chapter 13 is ripped from this game.
- G.H.O.S.T. - Sarai mentioned, in Chapter 13, that G.H.O.S.T. called Zero "The Mastermind".
- Bad Boys II - Zero said the quote, "...shit just got real." a quote from the movie.
- Stan Lee - Zero also said Stan Lee's famous catch phrase, 'nuff said.
- Ryugyong Hotel - According to Quizmo in Chapter 13, the pyramid that is the entrance to the Greases' underground city looks like an inverted version of the Ryugyong Hotel in North Korea.
- Courage the Cowardly Dog - The phrase "RETURN THE SLAB!!" etched onto a piece of broken cement in Chapter 13 is a direct reference to the cartoon episode "King Ramses' Curse".
- Foster the People - Bluedevil muttered part of a lyric, in Chapter 13, from the bands song, Pumped Up Kicks.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The "arrow to the knee" quote was used in Chapter 13 by Bluedevil when she was talking about her past with the Greases.
- Mario Series - The motif of saving the princess was blurted out by Baseball Yoshi.
- Chase Scene
- Elevator Music 1
- Elevator Music 2
- To The Elevator!
- The Armory
- The Fight Begins
- Serene Night
- Zero's Racing Theme V.4
- New Super Mario: Logo
- mollymoon4: mutant artworks
- Terrain is the nickname of an actually real life friend of Zero who was placed in the story after Zero asked him.
- In the Prologue, there is a reference to Zero's mysterious past.
- The "Coffee Train" in Chapter 4 was originally going to be the User Cafe.
- The last quote in Chapter 5 is a reference to Zero's famous saying.
- A quote in Chapter 6 may support the fact that Zero was part of the team that created Sarai.
- The mentioned parties in the story, Planks, Greases, Socials, and Lobsters, all were name after a dream Zero, in real life, had; it was about friendly parties who later became enemies.